Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hello blogworld ~ I wanted to thank everyone for all the facebook messages and emails.  The Kaz adoptive families is TOTALLY amazing, and we CAN'T WAIT to meet everyone, maybe at Kazapalooza next year...I don't think we are going to go this year, I want to keep her home with just me for a while, to promote attachment and work on a schedule, plus Hannah won't be a year old yet, and we are going to try to do a Disney/Beach trip in September. But we would be interested in any midwest meet-ups over the summer :-)  Anyway, I saw my little peanut again this morning and she was great.  I bought her at least $75.00 dollars worth of toys, and guess what she wanted to play with?  The paper envelope that some pictures came in. She was fascinated!  Oh well....  She fell asleep toward the end of the visit, nap time is 11am and she definitely likes to snuggle up and sleep at that time.  I took some pictures of her sitting up, which I will post later, she only does it for a few seconds, but it won't be long now.  She also discovered thumb sucking...which I know isn't great, but....its SO CUTE.  Anyway, sorry for the short post, I am starving and need to get some things done around town.  Future Shymkent families, here are a few more recommendations:
Bar B Q (yes, that is the name) Restaurant next to Mega.  Delicious shish Kabobs and french fries, plus a large English  menu -- I think they have breakfast as well
LaDushky (sp?) --Cafeteria style, Kazakh's version of fast food
Samsas -- you can buy these on the street for about 100 tenge. They are awesome pastries filled with meat, potatoes, veggies, etc.
Cinema -- a club and restaurant off of Takyhaha
Madlyns -- coffee shop with great salads and milkshakes
Caravan -- right next to Ken Baba --excellent soups! There is also a couple of good souvenier shops across the street.  I got Hannah a doll, at first I thought it was cute but now it kind of freaks me out.  Her eyes follow you around the room.  LOL. 

  


Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

AHHHHHHH she is so super cute I can't stand it! We won't be at Kazapalooza this year either, as Anelya will be a flower irl in my best friend's wedding. Very fun, but UGH how I want to be at Kazapalooza! I am so looking forward to meeting you and your beautiful daughter!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Of course I favor that Reds shirt! :-) Hannah is so beautiful. We cannot wait to meet her in person, when you are ready for visitors. You continue to really inspire us with your amazing attitude and all that you are doing while in country. We're so impressed, Erin! Most of all, we are just so happy for Hannah and you!