Sunday, February 21, 2010

Last bonding day is tomorrow

Hello from Kazakhstan! Just got back from picking up some groceries at the Ramstop, saw the baby this morning, and going to work out tonight.  I missed getting to see Hannah over the weekend, and I can't believe the bonding period will be over tomorrow!!  We should have a court date by later this week, time is going by very quickly.  Friday, we got to see Hannah twice because she had a doctor's appointment to get her last cast off her foot.  I still want to have my orthopedist look at at it when we get home of course, but her range of motion seems good, so we will see.  This weekend we went to English club and then out to dinner with our Peace Corps friends as well as one of the other adoptive families. It was delicious.  They even played Celine Dion and Backstreet boys (I am sure in honor of the Americans). Saturday we went to a Superbowl party at the home of a friend of a friends who teaches English here in Shymkent.  yes the superbowl tape just made it here and no, not everyone knew who won (I made some bets, hehehe, JK). Later Saturday night, our friends Joe and Tyler made us a YUMMY dinner and then we had a boys vs. girls Euchre tournament.  The weather here is pretty good, supposed to be about 57 tomorrow but overcast. We will go see Hannah about 10 tomorrow, can't wait!  She is getting so animated with us..and busy!!!  She also loves looking at herself in the mirror!! I will update more later, enjoy the pictures!  ~Erin


Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.

1 comment:

Kelly and Sne said...

Wow - time really is flying by. But, of course, with your social life, you seem to be having a great time! Anybody watching the Olympics over there? I watched Denis Ten from Kazakhstan get 10th place in men's figure skating. But he is only 19 so they say that he'll be better in 4 years. At least the weather isn't freezing but my nightmare would be to go to Shymkent in the Summer. I'd melt in the heat. We've been told to "start getting ready to travel" so I'm hoping it won't be too long now. Hope court comes soon but I better you are in no hurry to leave that sweet little bundle.