Saturday, February 6, 2010

We are off!

After snowstorms, visa delays, and a wonderful bon voyage party at El Mariachi (the official restaurant of Orient Way)  we are finally on our way to Kazakhstan.  Yipee!!  Hopefully our luggage will also be arriving in Kazakhstan and will be under the weight limit. Want to send a quick shout-out to all the friends and family who have helped me along the way, especially Shauna, who was the first Kaz mom I ever met way back in November of last year when I started this process. Shauna, even though you told me you were positive my baby would be a boy and I spent the entire year buying blue, I LOVE YOU ANYWAY!!! LOL!! You are the best.  Also to my friend Kim, who has answered many adoption questions for me along the way, I owe you a big THANK YOU.  I hope my daughter is as loving and spirited as Nate :-)  Of course I want to thank my neighbors and family, who have had to listen to me complain for a whole year about things like consulates, LOIs, I171Hs and other phrases that only mean anything to  PAPs...thanks for putting up with it.  There will be some excellent souveniers headed your way!  And to those of you following along who I have only recently met through blog-world,  thanks for following along and good luck on your journies as well!! Hope to meet some of you in person someday soon. Love, Erin

Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.

3 comments:

Kelly and Sne said...

I was wondering when you'd get your butt on that plane as I thought that you would have been gone by now! It's about time! All the best of luck for a safe and smooth trip and meeting of your little one. Hey, once you get settled, lobby the BH Director, Olga and Larissa for us too! Now, aren't you glad that you hung in there???

Lou Ann said...

Congratulations on finally getting on the long plane ride!! Okay the real congrats are for being so close to meeting your new daughter. How amazing is that?

Safe travels and enjoy this special time in your life. There is nothing like it!

Lou Ann & her Kaz Princess Lexie

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Godspeed! Sending lots of support your way!!!