Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hello again everyone!!! I wanted to post some pics of our apartment and the area.  We are having lots of fun, had our first dinner out last night and will be leaving for the BH again in a couple hours to spend more time with Hannah!!  She is wonderful though, very healthy looking, very alert, and of course, very cute!  The apartment is very nice, 2 bedrooms, breakfast nook, kitchen, bathroom, living room.  We are supposed to get internet today, for now we are at Adress, a cafe near where we live.  Everyone in Kaz is kind of laid back, they eat a lot of greasy food and like to shop. I might live here forever, lol. The peace corps girls we met met up with are WONDERFUL!! Cipra and Becca, they have shown us around, we are having them over for dinner and they are taking us swimming. It feels like a vacation!!  The city is very cool, lots of shops and last night we visited the college and spoke with a group of women who are learning English to become translators and teachers. They were SO COOL. OUr driver and translators are nice as well, I think we may road trip to an ancient city next week with them.   Now to say more about what everone is waiting for..Hannah!!!
yesterday we went to the MOE for a pre-court thing, which was easy, just signing paper and some questions about the home study.  Then we went in the baby house, which is being renovated right now. We waiting a few minutes and I saw a couple babies briefly in passing, they seemed happy and smiley and well taken care of ( well as much as you can be in a baby house.)  I was filled with trepidation and some self doubt, and I was thinking, What am I doing?  What if I dont connect with this child. I tell myself I am doing a good thing, saving a child.   Then they brought Hannah in and passed her to me, and she gave me a look like she definitely knew I was Mom, but a look that clearly says, WHERE have you been? WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?!  It was funny! I knew immediately this child was my child.  We stared at each other for a while, and then a tiny smile and what can I say, I fell for the kid. There are no accidents. I have saved a child, but I am the lucky one, not her.  She has saved me right back.


Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.

2 comments:

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Wow!! I don't check your blog for a little while and look what happens! Hannah is precious! I'm so thrilled for you. Take care, Susan

Becca said...

We were so happy to meet you and Elizabeth too, Erin!!! Hurrah for Shymkent and your adorable new daughter :) We'll organize a warm swim in the snow some time soon!