Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hoppy Easter to all my Peeps

Spring 2011 Hannah Update

Favorite Color ~ Pink  :-/

Favorite Toys/Activities: Play dough, scented bubbles, riding the penny horse at Meijer, playing with toys at Bella's house (even if she has the same ones at home that she never touches), breaking things, spilling things, waking up from 1 to 3 am for no reason.

What She is Afraid Of: Santa, the Easter Bunny.

What I Am Most Proud of: Her politeness. She always said please and thank you. Also the fact that she has no idea who Spongebob or Dora the Explorer are.

Favorite Books:  Once Upon A Potty, Polar Bear, Polar Bear,  Biscuit Goes to The Beach, Miss Spider

Favorite Foods: Chick Fil A, Skyline chili spaghetti, drinkable yogurt, Grandma's scrambled eggs, and anything Mommy is eating. 

 Funny Things She Does:  Insists on looking in the mirror every morning and exclaiming " Hannie Cute!"

Most Disgusting Thing She Has Done This Year: Eating a fruit snack off the bathroom floor in the bowling alley

Interesting Party Trick: she can name the President of the US, the VP, and the Governor of Ohio

What She Can't Do: Dance.  Only her head moves. She looks like she is having a seizure.  Reminiscent of a young Elaine Benes from Seinfeld.


If I had to guess right now what she will be doing in 20 years, I would have to say Veterinarian.  She loves animals, especially dogs, and is very gentle with them.


Upcoming events ~ Disney World/Kazapalooza, Moms Club trip to the Zoo, Krohn Conservatory Butterfly Show, Kings Island, planting a garden, getting a swing set!
















 


Hannah is enjoying all the Easter Festivities that come with being almost 2.  As you can see from the pics, the Easter Bunny Picture was about as much of an epic fail as Santa, but she does get into collecting eggs and snarfing down whatever candy is inside.  This month we went to a Spring Carnival and our friend Emily hosted a happy little Easter Party for a few friends and our little "bunnies."  I guess 25-27 was/is a really common age to have a baby because almost all my friends have kiddos exactly Hannie's age (and weirdly enough, they are mostly girls) and I feel very lucky about that. So anyway, back to the Emily's Easter EGGstravaganza, where the kids dyed eggs, ate bunny shaped macaroni (no carrots, Hannah won't touch them), hunted for eggs, and played outside. This weekend is filled with Easter activities as well, a bunny breakfast, more egg hunts, and a party at a friend's house.     

In Kazakhstan news, President Nursultan Nazarbaev, has according to recent reports, sacked six Supreme Court judges suspected of corruption.
Is this good news?  For those of us in the adoption world the answer is...maybe.   As my friend and fellow adoptive parent William reminded me, "It is always a mixed blessing when a virtual dictator takes a stand against corruption..it's usually only the corruption they don't benefit from...."  

Also, for those of you interested in following this sort of thing, The Astana Times, an English language newspaper, has been launched. It provides interesting news and opinions on the recent developments in Kazakhstan.  The web address is http://astanatimes.kz/

Happy Spring to all my PEEPS!!!

6 comments:

qmiller said...

Erin: Love the pics of your honey bunny! So cute, and she is getting so expressive!!! Had to smile at the Easter Bunny pic...Madina still panics if the Robin at RED ROBIN walks in while we're having dinner....dives onto that nasty floor to hide. Stuffed characters are still not our friends at age 7... : ) Happy Easter to the 2 of you, Q.

Lou Ann said...

Great update Erin!!! And the pictures of Hannah are simply adorable. I especially love her in the Kazakh colored dress (did you make it?) and the pictures of her taking a firm stand in the Easter Bunny boycott are priceless. The girl has a mind of her own.

I agree you are so lucky to have friends with kids the same age as Hannah. Most of the time when Lexie and I do things with my friends they bring their grandkids for her to play with. Ouch! Yeah my ego was left behind when I brought home my sweet pea. But it's all about love not age so it's all good.

Happy Easter to you both!!
Lou Ann & Lexie too

Carolyn Tarpey said...

Happy Easter Hannie!

What a great post Erin, it is so much fun to read all about what Hannah is up to at this time of her life. I am not surprised that is is still afraid of the Easter Bunny, those "BIG" dressed up people are very scary looking, I do not blame her.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and we look forward to seeing you at KP in a little over a month from now... getting so close!

Alysa said...

Love this post! Hannie is so adorable and has the personality to match!

Brady is terrified of large animal costumes as well, but he does love Santa.

Have a wonderful Easter!

Tammy said...

Oy, every time I see that girl she gets more beautiful...even if I did see those pictures only a few days ago!

I was looking at the pic with the Easter Binny on it and is it just me or is that Easter Bunny really indignant? Do you think he is cursing under that costume about yet another kid who screams at him? I dunno. He kind of has that look about him LOL!

McMary said...

Oh--I love your little girl--she is so cute and adorable.

Two more things are Hannah's have in commom--fear of Santa and the Easter Bunny and a huge love for all animals--I would predict my Hannah to be a Vet also. Her favorite book is Barbie--Pet Vet.

Unfortunately my Hannah does know Sponge Bob. I forbid her watching him but it seems every babysitter I have had (except Grandma) ends up putting him on. Hannah calls him Sponge Bob Snow Pants! I guess square pants doesn;t make any sense to her either.

What fun life is with our littel ones!!!

Happy Spring to both of you!