Monday, March 8, 2010

Home at last!!!

After 50 long hours of travel, we are finally home!!! But my heart is still in Kazakhstan, of course. I hope the time goes by fast so that I can go and pick her up!!! I wanted to blog a little bit about court since that is what everyone has been asking about. So, Friday morning we went to the courthouse -- and the judge was 2 hours late. Balzhan my translator was very nervous because he is a new judge and I was the very first case he had ever seen. She said he was angry because she had asked him to move up another woman's court date. He finally came in and the hearing lasted about 30 minutes. I gave my speech, he asked 2 questions, and then he left and said we were to come back for a ruling that evening, so we headed to the baby house. We had just started to drive when the phone rang -- it was the judge, he said we didn't need to come back because he had signed the decree!! Hannah was mine!! I was so happy!! It was the middle of the night in Ohio but I called my mom anyway to let her know she was officially a grandma!!! Then everything went into motion. We went to the baby house to give gifts to the caregivers, doctors, and directors. Then we went to the travel agency and made plane arrangements, then went back to the apartment to pack and celebrate. We went to English club and said goodbye to the 3 other families, then we had a little get together with our peace corps friends. It lasted until 2 in the morning and guess who had an early flight?! 50 short hours after that, we were home!!! And the countdown is ON until we can go back!!! Thanks everyone for all the well-wishes!! Can't wait for everyone to meet my little pumpkin as soon as she gets home! ~Erin

1 comment:

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Erin,
your daughter is absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful smile and sweet eyes!!! : ) Congratulations on your court decree. We certainly hope that Hannah's paperwork processing goes quickly and smoothly so you can be back to pick her up soon.

We look forward to keeping in touch and hope to meet you and your lovely daughter in person some day.