Friday, August 20, 2010

Cincy Kaz Families Summer Get Together

We had a great time last weekend at the Cincy Kaz Families Meetup at Winton Woods Park.  There were 10 families and over 17 kids in attendance, for a fun afternoon of lunch and play at the Spray ground.  The kids were from all over Kaz, and all the Moms and Dads were able to share our Kaz stories.  I loved Kazapalooza, but this was nicer and more intimate in a way because you really got to spend time talking and getting to know the other families.  We are planning another meet-up around Naruyz, and of course all are welcome.  We were lucky enough to have the wonderful Pike family staying with us this weekend as well.  They adopted sweet beautiful Sophia from Shymkent (whoo-hoo another Shymey family!) in 08.  We spent 2 wonderful days looking at pics and talking about our experiences, which were very different.  We also have the pleasure of meeting Irina, their exchange student from Ust Kaz. She was such a sweet girl and we know she will have a blast spending a year on the Pike Farm. 

Talking with the other families this weekend really made me appreciate how smooth my adoption process was.  Some families waited as long as 3 years, some had issues in country with court, referrals, sick children, etc.  I feel so blessed to have had such an easy adoption, and I have to give a lot of credit to my agency.  Speaking of which....Hannah is now featured as the first Success Story on their website!!    Here is the link for those who want to check it out!

  http://www.littlemiracles.org/index.php?page=ourmiracles

Other random tidbits....   My dog Roxi turned 5 years old this week.  She went to rehab earlier this year and I am still not convinced she is the same dog.  I would recommend this Last Chance Ranch to anyone in Cincy who needs obedience training.  Hannah is having a great summer and is totally in love with the pool.  She is currently working on body part identification, 2 step directions, sorting colors, and animal sounds. The stranger anxiety is easing up a bit, and right after she turned a year old, she became very cuddly, constantly wanting and giving hugs and kisses.  I heard that Darius Rucker song on the Radio "It Won't Be Like This For Long" and I teared up because it hit home.   I just filled out my 6 mos post placement report this week!!  Hope you are all staying busy and having a great summer!!!  Fall, here we come!!

2 comments:

lisa said...

O my goodness...has it been 6 months already?? Time really does fly! What a beauty Hannie is! You have been blessed two thousand fold! It was meant to be...that's why it was so easy...you just hit it on the head time wise! So happy for you both and hope to meet some day!

Love ya! Lisa and soon to be home Stella

Lisa said...

What a wonderful day you all had together!!

I agree with your sentiments too....a smaller crowd does feel more intimate and allows for more conversation and sharing....course I loved KP too, so its a win/win when you can participate in both!!

We have our Chicagoland gathering this Sat. and are so eager to see everyone!

Your pics are GREAT, just as always and all the children so beautiful!

So glad that your furry kiddo is better :) AND I wanted you to know that I know Andrea personally who I believe is still the Kaz.coordinator of Little Mircales!! She's amazing!!

Glad all is well with you!!