Monday, August 2, 2010

6 Months Ago on Monday...And the birthday party pics

6 months ago next Monday is the anniversary (or "Hannaversary") of the day I left for Kaz....I just re-read my blog posts from February... Through the exhaustion, the stress of a snowstorm, and a nervousness, I still remember each moment of what was truly the best time of my life.  My favorite entry is the one I wrote just hours after meeting her for the first time....
"Then they brought Hannah in and passed her to me, and she gave me a look like she definitely knew I was Mom, but it was a look that clearly says, WHERE have you been? WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?! I knew immediately this child was my child.  We stared at each other for a while, and then a tiny smile and what can I say, I fell for the kid. There are no accidents. I have saved a child, but I am the lucky one, not her.  She has saved me right back." 
  6 months has gone by so fast.  I just finalized her 6 month post placement visit with the social worker, and of course, we celebrated her birthday with a bash on Saturday for our family, friends, and neighbors.   She is progressing at warp speed, picking up new words each week and she is a daredevil in the pool.   She spends most of her days lounging in the water floating on her baby raft (I honestly can't believe I didn't give birth to this child!).  Her favorite toy is her kitchen set, it is so funny to watch her pretend to mix and stir and serve food.  She claps for herself every time she does something fabulous.  Firsts this month included her first trip to the fair, her first taste of cotton candy, and her first pony ride (she despised it).  I am getting together with some other moms I went to HS with on Fridays now, which is wonderful, many of my friends don't have kids yet, so its nice to get together with the ones that do.  We used to talk about what bar we were going to on Thursday nights.  Now we talk about Wiggles Concerts and potty training.  The times they are a-changin'....And I love every minute of it!!
 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my word....she is just THE most beautiful sweetheart EVAH!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE her darling tutu and party hat...and the sweet little birthday tee makes me swoon! :)

SO many things to celebrate for you both and so many firsts.....made even more special because you are doing them together. AND IT IS amazing how quickly your perspective changes once little one is home AND ITS ALL so grand!!

Thank you for sharing a snippet of your first Hannah meeting blog post.....so true and on so many levels!! Beautiful thoughts through & through.....

Love all the pics too!!

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Oh my gosh, what a cutie pie!!! Her sweetness radiates! Lots of pink and frills, just as it should be. Ok, I'm off to take a nap. It's finally quiet around our home.