Friday, November 20, 2009

Getting closer!


I am happy to report that my dossier is where it needs to be in Kaz and I am just waiting for THE CALL!! I had paid my final fees (except for what needs to be paid in Kaz), received my travel guide, prepared my travel documents, and I am ready to go. For those waiting families who are reading this, some encouragement: once it hit the New York consulate, my paperwork flew through the ministries in less than 3 months. I wanted to post this update, however, because Elizabeth and I learned something important this past week. Attention all travelers: make sure you have Visa pages left in your passport!!! If you are out, allow at least a few weeks to get more, unless you want to have to call a senator, fight with the embassy, or find a passport office you can get to (ours is 5 hours away in Chicago). Needless to say, lesson learned.
Also, totally off topic, but for those of you on Facebook, please help!! My dog Roxi is a top ten contestant in a beauty contest and she needs your vote!! Please search for CINCINNATI MUSEUM CENTER on facebook. Become a fan, then scroll down to the photo group that says ROYAL PETS. Click on the picture of the beautiful boxer dressed like a fairy and CLICK LIKE. The winner gets a free membership to the museum center, which includes the children's museum, the history museum, the science museum, and the Omnimax. Thanks everyone, have a great Thanksgiving, and I will post again as soon as I hear something :-) Erin

6 comments:

Kelly and Sne said...

See, I told you so! Ha! Glad I was right that you would fly through the process once your dossier got to Kaz. Can't wait for you to hear more news soon!

Lovely doggie!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Great news, Erin! We're excited to be following your progress. If you're in Kaz during the Bengals playoff games, we'll send detailed reviews of the games. :-)

Cute pic of your dog! I'll make my way to the museum site to vote.

Congrats again on making it one step closer to your child!

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Congratulations!!!!!! That's terrific news! Let me know if i can be of help. I return next weekend to bring home my daughter from Astana. Susan

Sandi said...

Erin,
Thanks for the invite. I'm so happy that you're moving right along.

I'm excited to be able to follow along on your journey to your son.

Sandi

sabarter said...

What did we tell ya? Huh? Soon you will be holding your child and clicking your heels saying, "There's no place like home. There's no place like home."
BTW, that dog looks thrilled to be there. What a face!

Lou Ann said...

Hi Erin,

Thanks for checking up on Lexie and I. And yes she does like to dress up. She told me Santa was going to love her "gown!"

I'm looking forward to hearing that you have moved to the MOE soon. Hopefully you'll be enjoying a beautiful Kazakh spring with your child in 2010!

Happy Holidays,
Lou Ann & Princess Lexie too!