Friday, October 23, 2009

Whoever said no news is good news never waited to adopt a baby!

As you may have guessed by reading the title of this post, I still have NO NEWS :-( Someone recently told me about The Secret, aka the Law of Attraction. So, in spite of not knowing when the call will come, I am continuing to prepare as though it will happen sooner rather than later.

I am starting to get the room together, and I will post pictures soon. I am not painting it, though (sorry, Mom) for the following reasons: 1) I don't like to paint. 2) I like the color the room is now (khaki). And 3) there is always the SLIGHT chance the baby could end up being a girl, in which case robins egg blue paint would just not be cool. However, I am giving in to all the decorating peer pressure ordered some vinyl lettering off etsy (my new favorite, highly addictive website) and my friend Thomas gave me a really cool Pottery Barn Kids canvas painting that I will hang up.

Oh, and I do have some good news.I finally heard that ~ There were no changes to the Kaz adoption law. The bonding period remains 14 days and there are still no age restrictions. I am attending a teleconference on the courier option next week, I haven't made a decision on that yet, but I am leaning toward YES.

So anyway, congrats to my friends Karen and Susan who are BOTH in Kaz now adopting their little girls (to all those non-adopters out there, here is something to know. 90% of people who adopt internationally request girls). I am hanging out here, traveling a bit, and enjoying the quiet while I can :-) I am sure the end result will be "Worth the Wait." Happy Halloween everyone! Erin

8 comments:

Kelly and Sne said...

Sorry that you have no news yet. But it is still really early. And the good news is still good news! Did you get the message from LMI? I haven't heard anything yet. But our coordinator has been out. We do feel somewhat guilty about having a preference for a girl this time around. But only because we adopted a boy the first time. Our third can be a boy again! I've never been much of a girly girl - so I'd be ok with another boy as MIras is so wonderful - but Daddy really wants a "Daddy's girl." Hope you hear something soon.

Baby Kaz Moore said...

I'm sorry you don't have news yet, but I think you're super smart in continuing to get prepared. There will be so many other things that pop up at the last minute.

With regard to changes in the law, I asked my coordinator here in Kaz about it. She confirmed that the law hadn't been changed.

With regard to gender, I approached each adoption the same: I didn't specify a preference for gender. God's plans were for me to have a boy and a girl!

All my best, Susan

Jim and Michelle said...

Hi Erin - We would love to get in contact with you. Our dossier is also at the MFA. Please email us at jim.marx AT gmail.com

Jim & Michelle
http://ourchildinkazakhstan.blogspot.com/

sabarter said...

I admire your patience, because to read what you write, you have it. Keep your spirits up, your doing a great job so far:) Take it in stride, it will happen sooner than you think.

D and A said...

I'm adding a comment to a much earlier post, since I'm just getting caught up on your blog. I love the names Christian, Gavin, and Owen. Just in case you're still soliciting opinions...

Lou Ann said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog. And I have to say, you have the right attitude. Prepare as much as you can, appreciate your life as it is right now since it will be very different sooner than you think.

I hope you have news sooner than later.

Lou Ann, mom to Lexie from Aktau Kaz

The Baker's said...

Hey you should check out www.uppercaseliving.com I am addicted to it and you can customize your own wording...names, sayings, etc!

Cindy LaJoy said...

If people only knew how many beautiful, amazing little boys are languishing in Kazakh orphanages...wouldn't trade mine for the world! And YES they can be as loving and cuddly, if not more, than any girl could be!

Best wishes and hoping you get the call soon!