Wednesday, March 23, 2011

When One Door Closes....

 Watching the animal show at the Nature Preserve at Hueston Woods, and below, at the beach.
The Mountain Lion..Hannah said "Meow Kitty."
 Hannie vs. Shamrock Cookie. Final Score: Cookie 1, Hannie 0
 If you are lucky enough to be irish, then you are lucky enough.
 Cutest Asian Leprechaun
 Mommy's Lucky Charm


My future double's partner, IF she can get more rotation on her swing volley :-)


As you can see, we celebrate St. Patrick's Day BIG around these parts.  ****TMI alert, skip ahead to avoid a gross out****  Hannah celebrated in her own way.  When I went in to change her diaper on St. Patrick's Day, it was BRIGHT GREEN!!  GROSS!!! Festive, but GROSS!!!

Spring has FINALLY made it's way to Ohio, and I have decided that Hannie, at 20 months, is finally old enough to join Mama on the tennis court. Call me Tiger Tennis Mama, I don't mind.  For those of you who don't know me IRL, I really, really like tennis, and have played my entire life.  I hope Hannie wants to play as well, and so far it's looking promising.   Well, she didn't get the ball over the net or anything, but she looks pretty good in her new tennis outfit and kicks!

This weekend was beautiful weather, and we cooked-out with the neighbors and went to the beach and nature preserve at Hueston Woods State Park with Emily and Isabella.  Emily and I also got up and went to a Mom to Mom Consignment Sale Saturday morning.  It was horrifying.  It started at 8am, we got there at 8:05 and we were oh, about 400th in line.  People were grabbing clothes out from under each other, pushing, shoving, blowing whistles, it was utter chaos.  Like picture Black Friday on crack. Never ever again.  If you need me, I'll be at nice, calm, orderly Gymboree. Better yet, I'll shop online.

An interesting tidbit for my KazMama's out there.  The space capsule carrying two Russian Cosmonauts and NASA astronaut Scott Kelly (twin brother of Mark Kelly, who is the husband of wounded congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords) landed safely in the steppes of central Kazakhstan this week.
Check out the article, there is a great picture of Scott Kelly dressed in a traditional Kazakh folk outfit holding a matroyshka doll! Oh, and before I forget, happy Nauryz everyone!
 
And finally...dum dum dum...Great news in the adoption world...after much sadness with the reduction and eventual closing of Kazakhstan's adoption program (only 131 children adopted last year, still 100,000 orphans in country), just a few days later, China announced that the Special Focus Adoption Program is now open to Single Women!  Hmmm...Is there a China Doll in my future?! Stay tuned!

8 comments:

kaz said...

Wow she demolished that cookie. What a cute picture!

Dean and Janie said...

What a cutie!! I can't believe how messy that cookie was and it was in a vehicle.. I am thinking a hosing down or immediate bath was next. :)

Laura said...

I must say I love my Kaz-China combo!! : )

McMary said...

love your little cutie--whether eating a cookie, playing tennis, or just hanging out in her cute Irish outfit, she is adorable.

China has a lot of rules for the single women program--one of which is that there can not be more than two children in the house already and the youngest one has to be at least 6 years old but I hear that sometimes they give waivers to the rules. Best of luck if you decide to go that route. It would be a cool thing.

Jennifer said...

Love it! :-) All of it- the greenness, the China Doll, and the arrival of spring!

Kelly and Sne said...

Good thing she looks good in green! Great that you have a tennis goddess in the making. Sne loves to play tennis too and I'm wondering when to introduce the kiddos. I guess the sooner the better! p.s. I've been contemplating an older SN china adoption lately... now to convince my hubby of this plan!

Lisa said...

Erin ~ if there is a way to bring a darling China Little into your life, I just KNOW you will find the way! And afterall, HE already knows and has the perfect plan in place! I am super excited and thought of you when this news broke last week!

And yes, those pesky green cookies ~ at least it wasn't one of those cupcakes with a mile of frosting of 'em cuz that stain doesn't always come out! LOL

And gracious she's pretty with a capitol P! Love that infectious grin and kudos for starting early with sports ~ Scott believes in strategically placing favored sports balls right in the crib and doing from there! ;)

Hugs and great read just like always!

Susan said...

We're probably going to go the SN China route, too, so I'd love to keep following along with what you do. We've waited 10 months for Kaz, it's not looking too hopeful right now, and although my heart is in Kaz, I am finally feeling less sad about it, and hopeful for something else.